Saturday, August 2, 2014

Emilie's European Vacation - August, 2014




Cameron drove us to the airport and gave us a grand send off.
Too bad Chuck missed taking a photo of Cameron lifting Emilie into his arms up for her final farewell hug. I was taken by surprise when he gave me a bear hug that lifted me off of my feet! (I found out I wasn't as frail as I thought--no broken bones to report.)
Hard to believe it's been five years since  we started taken each grandchild (when they turned ten) to Europe. After Emilie, comes Taryn who will turn ten next July. The years have come and gone far too fast. This photo was taken just before we walked into the terminal. What a nice surprise when we found out our plane was taking off ten minutes early. Last year, we took off two hours late.




No disappointments so far. Emilie didn't stop smiling until she finally fell asleep some time after midnight. The seats in each pod reclined fully to make sleeping on an airplane a very comfortable experience. Of the three of us, Emilie was the only one who woke up on time to be served breakfast. She wasn't about to miss out on anything.
We arrived in Zurich, Switzerland at 7:15 a.m.. (Our time--six hours earlier.) We had a one hour layover and then off to Dusseldorf where we rented the car that would take us to Landal in Tilburg, Holland. Sleep came quickly as soon as we arrived.


1 comment: