Friday, January 11, 2013

A day of Golfing and Seeing the Wonders of God's Creatures

This was one fascinating dude.  The most interesting turtle I have ever laid eyes on.  My golf partner and I  were on the golf course when it began walking (in turtle-like agonizingly slow fashion) across the golf path.  The good news was he seemed to be used to the likes of the  "paparazzi"  and gave me several angles from which to shoot photos of him.  Hadn't a clue what type of turtle he was but good old Google had the answer
"Apalone species of the North American Soft-Shell Turtle.  Soft-shell turtles are believed to breathe anally and pharyngeally as well as "normally".  This means that there is direct oxygen transfer through the turtle's throat and anus."  Who could have guessed?

2 comments:

  1. Lol... you made me laugh.... I have never seen a turtle with such a long snout!! It sounds like you are having fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chuckled too. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete